- 5 Ways to Fix Interior Painting Mistakes
- Painting House Exterior: Amazing Home Painting Ideas on Entrance Doors
- “Grace under Pressure” Painting and Renovation Services
- Unearthing the Green in Home and Office Painting
- A School of Thought in “Green Living”
- House Painting 3 Colors: Owner’s Choices as Done by Exterior Painters
- Cleaning and Pressure Washing on Spring and Summer
- Industrial Painting Basics: The Essentials in Paint Colors and More
- Commercial Painting: Let your Edifice Speak As Well
- House Painting Exterior Walls in Summer: Painting Tips for Quality
- Color Visualization for Your Walls
- Protecting Walls and Ceiling: Wood and Sheetrock Repairs
- Commercial Painting Work: Choosing an Eco-Friendly Painting Business
- Painting House Roof in White: Tips from Exterior House Painters
- Commercial Painting Industry: Vital Guidelines for Exterior Painters
- Exterior House Painters in Summer: Home Painting Services at Its Best
- Going Green or Going Red? Green Paint!
Category Archives: Newsletter
Posted on May 27, 2015
Adding a little color in your home can really change the vibe of your place, especially when you recently went through relocation. Interior panting and decoration are a great way to turn your house into a home. Selecting the right paint is easier said than done.When left on your own devices you easily become overwhelmed by the infinite amount of choices. What’s the difference between ivory white and vanilla? How can you make your small apartment more spacious? Should your furniture and walls match? There are so many pitfalls making it almost impossible to avoid them all.
What happens when interior painting goes wrong? Luckily most of the color decorating mistakes can be fixed without spending enormous amount of money.
1. Wrong Color
Imagine, you just came back home only to open the tin and find that this is the wrong colour. This is a pretty standard situation. You have two options – return the paint to the store or mix the proper colour yourself. If you need a lighter hue, just add a little white paint. Need to darker tone? Mix the tone with a drop of black paint. For a different shade of the same colour, use hue that is close to the original color.
2. Paint Bubbles
Paint blistering is the nightmare of any homeowner. Chances are if your skipped the priming or didn’t wait enough time for the wall to dry, your surface is covered with tiny bubbles. After the removal process, taking care of these flaws is the last thing you want to do. The good news is that you can remove the paint bubbles with a simple intervention. You can gently scrap them or sand them. When the wall is smooth, you need to coat with primer and then apply acrylic latex paint. If the blistering doesn’t go away, maybe you have problems with the indoors moisture that you should fix.
3. Too Garish or Bright
If you already painted your walls and you are not satisfied with the look of the color, all you need is to adjust your lightening. Offset the brightness with a dim light. If the room appears too dark, just add more lightening. It can be anything from brighter bulbs to an extra table lamp or other accent lightening. You should also consider letting more natural light penetrate the room. It’s a good idea to replace the heavy draperies with sleek curtains.
4. Incompatible Walls
Before moving house the color of the walls looked great, until you brought your furniture in the house. Believe it or not the furnishing can make the wall shade appear darker or brighter. Repainting the entire room is not cost – efficient. Instead, shop for accessories that match the paint. Rugs, cushions and blankets can tie up the room. Here’s a little tip when you go in the decor store. Always check the color of the accessory on natural lightening.
You are not happy with the final result of the interior painting? Maybe after the relocation, you decided that you don’t like this particular shade? Hide the imperfections with faux painting techniques. Sponging, ragging and paint washing will help you erase your bad decisions from the wall. Although these methods can turn into great DIY project, it may be better to hire professionals. Just click on the links below for free interior painting project estimates.
For more ideas: Kensington home moving companies.
For guest posts contribution, please visit this link.