We will provide our standard painting procedure, quality work and project management for every project. All of the items listed below are included in our price and separates us from our competition.
Standard Painting Procedures
1. Cleaning (where appropriate)
- All areas will be pressure cleaned completely using a solution of bleach and TSP (Tri-Sodium Phosphate). The TSP process will remove all mold, mildew, and algae and we will mix the solution at a 3 to 1 ratio. If this process does not completely clean the surface, we will notify owners contact that extra steps may be required.
- Hand Cleaning will be done for sensitive areas where a pressure cleaning utensil cannot be used.
- All areas JUST being cleaned, will be left in their current condition.
2. Prep Work
- After pressure cleaning all loose paint on wood surfaces will be scraped, sanded, and spot primed.
- All deteriorated caulking will be removed and fresh caulk will be added.
- SPPI will be using your water and power unless notified prior to project start. Prices may change if SPPI is required to provide water and power.
- All surfaces will be completely cleaned prior to painting.
- All new wood will be primed fully before painting.
- Paint will be applied with a one coat application, unless further specified by project owner or stated in contract.
4. General Services
- Clean up will be daily and at the end of the project.
- SPPI will follow all OSHA’s regulations.
- Ladders will be removed and debris will be removed daily. Work areas will be clearly marked.
- Because of our over 25 years of experience we know to take extra precaution. around common areas to avoid any overspray issues on cars, windows, etc.