Painting the interiors of your home or office, including its ceiling spaces will pose a bit of a challenge, but you can easily do it if you know how to prepare for what comes ahead. There is quite a bit you need to do if you want to pull the job off without a hassle, so you can start with the following tips:
- Begin by checking your walls and ensuring cleaning them is part of your preparations. Dust and grime may get in the way of your work, so you would do well to ensure this will never happen. You will need a pristine, perfectly clean surface if you want to have tangible results. Work on cleaning your walls with a soft sponge and hot, soapy water if you feel you need to and let them dry out completely.
- In interior painting, the next step you need to take care of is covering your floors in protective plastic sheeting, so no splatters will get on the floor while you’re painting. You can also use fabric in some cases, but the paint may soak through if it happens to be thin enough, so be careful and choose wisely. The last thing you want to deal with is extensive carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning and so forth if you can avoid it by working carefully.
- Make sure you cover all your door frames, trimming and windows, taping them and protecting them from paint on the ceiling and walls. You can remove the tape as soon as you’re done with the paint job, but before the paint managed to dry off or you will risk peeling it off the wall in that case.
- Priming the walls is the next step, which will allow you to have paint cover them better and more efficiently. This will help keep them in a uniform color you can deal with and enjoy in the long run.
- You can make use of a roller for painting most surfaces, especially your walls, allowing you faster covering and greater efficiency, but the smaller areas will need a finer touch. Angled brushes will also get the job done with door frames, window frames, molding and so forth.
- You would do well to stick to a W-shaped pattern as you work, which in turn will allow you to cover things with far less streaking involved. It will take some work to complete, but you can deal with things fairly easily if you follow this painting method.
- When you’re completely done with the paint job, you will need to focus on cleaning the aftermath. It should be noted that you need to do this as soon as paint drips have dried out sonothing will fall on the floors once you start cleaning.
For more ideas: Carpet Cleaning tips in Edgware.
For guest posts contribution, please visit this link.